2019/20 Winter Season - Shuttle Bus Driver Winter 2019/20
Start Date: 18 November 2019
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safe, responsible and timely transportation of the guests
- Driving the bus on a set schedule around the Niseko-Hirafu resort area / between the Hotel and Kutchan station
- Conducting daily vehicle inspections
- Snow clearing around the hotel entrance
- International Driving Permit with category D stamp (Medium or Heavy Rigid) or
- Japanese driving licence with medium-size Chugata or higher endorsement
- Reliable, punctual person, confident in their driving skills
- Winter & on-snow driving experience with passenger-carrying vehicles
What you'll be driving:
Toyota Coaster 29-seater bus; 4 litre diesel; rear wheel drive (winter chained); max. weight 5,500kg
- 18 November 2019 to 07 April 2020, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,500 - ¥1,600 per hour (commensurate with experience).
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Twin shares (doubles for couples), triple or quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Ki Niseko means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Ki Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Ki Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).