2019/20 Winter Season - Bell Attendant Winter 2019/20
Start Date: 18 November 2019
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting the guest upon arrival.
- Acting as doorman, greeting anyone coming into the hotel and assisting with carrying skis/snowboards, luggage, etc.
- Liaising with Front Desk to ensure readiness for arrivals.
- Offering luggage assistance and deliver guest luggage to the room upon arrival.
- Retrieving luggage from the guest room for departures.
- Storing and keeping track of guest luggage.
- Ensuring guest luggage is handled with care.
- Handling courier service.
- Assisting Ski Valet and Driver when necessary.
- Previous hospitality experience is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s Licence in Japan is a plus.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- English is a must, and ability to speak a second language (esp. Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Thai) is a plus.
- 18 November 2019 to 05 April 2020, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,200 - ¥1,300 per hour (commensurate with experience).
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Twin shares (doubles for couples), triple or quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Ki Niseko means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Ki Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Ki Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).