Seasonal Position - Front Desk Supervisor Winter 2018-19
Join us for the 2018-19 winter season!
Start Date: October 2018
Main responsibilities would include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Front Desk Manager to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of front office which includes front desk, bell desk, and driver.
- Act as Duty Manager.
- General front desk duties.
- Train front office staff and provide high quality of service to the guests.
- Previous hospitality or customer service experience is a plus.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Previous experience leading a team is a plus.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English is a must, and ability to speak a second language (especially Japanese) is a plus.
- October 2018 to April 2019, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- May require working on night shift when overnight front desk receptionist is off.
Pay Rate (based on 2017-18 winter, updates for 2018-19 coming soon!)
- ¥1,400 - ¥1,450 per hour (commensurate with experience).
- 25% overtime rate for over 80 hours worked in a 2 week pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm at night and 5am in the morning.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Single room, twin share (doubles for couples) or quad share.
- A Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes, these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Ki Niseko means your pass can live in your ski and snowboard jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay to upgrade your pass to cover All Mountain.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most companies pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Services Ki Niseko book
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, freestyle ski/snowboard lessons, transfers and car rental.
Free ski or snowboard lessons
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons (availability dependent)
Incentives for concierge sales
- Those roles more involved in selling (e.g. Concierge) will have more opportunity to gain incentives.
Potential Sponsorship in the future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Ki Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).