Seasonal Position - Overnight Front Desk Receptionist Winter 2018-19
Interested in being a part of our team?
If you are interested in being part of our team next winter please enter your email address below and we will contact you when recruitment opens.
Start Date: November 2018
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Handling check-in and check-out.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Reviewing departures to make sure the guest account charges are correct.
- Reviewing arrivals and control the room assignments, and prepare for guest requests.
- Rolling over the date in Property Management System.
- Preparing necessary daily reports.
- Assisting with guest enquiries.
- Answering phone calls, in-house calls and external calls.
- Responding to emails.
- Communicating with morning staff for any hand over.
- Responding to emergency situations and contacting Manager on Duty.
- Passionate about hospitality and service
- Bilingual (Japanese and English)
- Previous hospitality experience is a plus
- Professional attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Valid Japanese driving licence or International Driving Permit
- November 2018 to April 2019, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
Pay Rate (based on 2017-18 winter, updates for 2018-19 coming soon!)
- ¥1,100 - ¥1,150 per hour.
- NB: combined with the late night work rate (see below) for a Night Operations shift this rate will work out at around ¥1,375 - ¥1,438 per hour (between 10pm and 5am)
- 25% overtime rate for over 80 hours worked in a 2 week pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Twin shares (doubles for couples), triple or quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Ki Niseko means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Ki Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, freestyle ski/snowboard lessons, transfers and car rental.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Incentives for Concierge Sales
- Those roles more involved in selling (e.g. Concierge) will have more opportunity to gain incentives.
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Ki Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).