Winter Season - Ski Valet
Start Date: November
If you are interested in being part of our team?
A Note on Winter 2020/21
Winter 2020/21 will be unlike any winter we've seen before. Certainly, this will mean challenges but it will mean opportunities too. One of those opportunities might be the chance to ride a much quieter mountain than we typically see, and potentially, the season of a lifetime!
At the moment we are accepting applications for winter seasonal positions. Once we have a better idea of international travel restrictions and business levels, we'll start contacting people and arranging interviews. What we end up offering will depend both on the visa situation in Japan and in your home country.
Best of luck in your application and I hope to see you here for Winter 2020/21!
Elliot Lawes, HR Manager
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Storing skis and snowboards at the designated ski racks when guests leave their equipment at the valet.
- Storing boots at the designated boot racks when guest leaves their boots at the valet.
- Retrieving skis, snowboards and boots when guests pick up their items at the valet.
- Ensuring guests' belongings are kept safely and handled with care.
- Ensuring the ski valet area is kept tidy.
- Assisting the Bell Attendant when necessary.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Previous hospitality experience is a plus.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- English is a must, and ability to speak a second language is a plus.
- November to April, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
Pay Rate - based on winter 2019/20, updates for 2020/21 soon!
- Competitive and commensurate with experience and Japanese language ability.
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above 40 per week (on average over a 2 week period)
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
Benefits - based on winter 2019/20, updates for 2020/21 soon!
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Twin shares (doubles for couples), triple or quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Grand Hirafu season lift pass is available to purchase at a discounted price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Ki Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Ki Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).