Winter Season - Guest Services Positions Winter 2020 - 21Apply Now
Various guest services positions available throughout HTM's Brands - these include (but are not limited to):
- Handling check-ins and check-outs.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Reviewing guest accounts to make sure the charges are correct.
- Controlling the room assignments.
- Assisting with guest enquiries.
- Answering both in-house and outside calls.
- Communicating with other departments to yield smooth daily operation.
- Responding to emails.
- Handling room reservations.
Concierge / Tour Desk
- Managing the guest services inbox
- Ensuring last minute bookings and enquiries are expedited
- Replying to guest services emails within our standard response time
- Gathering sufficient information from the guests to book the services they require
- Up-selling where possible to maximize guest services sales
- Managing guest expectations as to what they want and what is possible
- Developing relations with suppliers
- Being in contact with our guest services suppliers on a day to day basis
- Checking availability, adding new bookings, modifying old bookings and making cancellations
- Using our Content Management Software to ensure all bookings are made and guests are charged correctly.
- Completing the Tour Desk Checklist.
- Acknowledgement and greeting of each guest.
- Table service and order taking.
- Maintaining up to date menu knowledge and provide concept explanations to guest.
- Communicate with kitchen on guest orders.
- Expediting orders to each table.
- Bussing & Table cleaning.
- Keeping aware of any guest allergies or requests.
- POS & register use.
- Provide genuine friendly and professional service, with the aim of making the fit-out process an enjoyable experience for our guests
- Fitting guests correctly into well maintained, comfortable equipment which is suited to their needs
- Accurate adjustment of ski and snowboard binding set ups based on the guest requirements
- Accurately and neatly labeling rented ski equipment so guests and valet staff can identify it easily
- Returning, cleaning and servicing gear at the end of rental period
- Keeping all areas of operation clean, tidy and organised
- Assisting with ski valet operations as required.
- Conversation Japanese at minimum, with fluent English
- Mandarin or Cantonese useful, not essential
- Experience in delivering guest services
- Prior working experience in Niseko an advantage
- Genuinely friendly and professional with great communication skills
- Passionate about hospitality services
- Willing to be flexible
- ¥1,100 - ¥1,300 per hour commensurate with experience and Japanese language ability.
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above 40 per week (on average over a 2 week period)
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am
- Mid November to end of March.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent
- Generally 5 days per week, around 30 - 40 hours per week (availability of work dependent)
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- A number of options in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Grand Hirafu season lift pass is available to purchase at a discounted price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Niseko Central delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Niseko Central will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).