Winter Season - Shuttle Bus Driver
Start Date: Early December
Below is a brief description of what you would be doing on a day to day basis:
- Driving the bus on a set schedule loop around the Niseko-Hirafu resort area and between the Hotel and Kutchan station (approximately 15 minutes away).
- Driving Guests to and from the Hirafu Welcome Center bus stop.
- Greeting guests, answering questions and ensuring they are safely transported.
- Conducting daily vehicle inspections.
- Snow clearing of vehicles and around the hotel entrance.
- Cleaning of vehicles interior and exterior.
- Assistance at Ski Valet, Bell or other areas within the hotel when required.
- International Driving Permit with category D stamp (Medium or Heavy Rigid) or
- Japanese driving licence with medium-size Chugata or higher designation
- Reliable, punctual person, confident in their driving skills
- Winter & on-snow driving experience with passenger-carrying vehicles
What you'll be driving:
Toyota Coaster 29-seater bus; 4 litre diesel; rear wheel drive; max. weight 5,500kg
- ¥1,600 - ¥1,700 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Early December to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for Ki Niseko.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).