Weiss Cat Skiing
This service is not available for 2020-21.Please note the following information relates to last season. The information will be updated and the service will be available to book once prices and details are released by our supplier.
Have you ever dreamt of having an entire mountain to yourself? Forget lift queues and crowds with a full day snowcat skiing tour on Weisshorn.
The 1,048-metre high Weisshorn, located 2 km to the Northeast of Hanazono, is open only to Weiss Cat Ski guests. It is the ultimate private powder playground, with guest numbers limited to 12 per day. Groups are joined by a guide to give advice on the best spots on the mountain and ensure your safety throughout the day.
Guests on average complete between 5 to 8 runs per tour. The steepest run is 30 degrees and the average is 20 degrees. The maximum vertical decent is 450 metres. The PistenBully Cat has a specially-made cabin, keeping you warm during the ride up.
- Pick-up from Ki Niseko and transportation to Weiss Horn
- Japanese-style lunch
- Snacks and water provided in the snowcat cabin
- Complimentary photos of the day's action (free to download online)
- Avalanche safety tools (backpack, probe, shovel and beacon) and training on how to use them
The day begins with a pick up from Ki Niseko at 7:00 a.m., and ends with your return to the hotel at around 15:00 p.m..
Available from 15 December 2019 to 31 March 2020, subject to snow conditions.
¥50,000 per guest.
- Limited to 12 seats per day. Please note that a minimum of 7 seat reservations is required for the tour to run.
- In the event that a tour must be cancelled due to insufficient numbers, guests may opt to reschedule or receive a refund.
- Tours will be confirmed by 20:30 the day prior, to allow sufficient time to fill any remaining seats.
¥480,000 per CAT (up to 12 people).
- Have the snowcat and the whole mountain reserved for just you and your party.
- Guaranteed to run on the day reserved, weather permitting.
- Get the exclusive attention of the guide and photographer.
- For the Group Tour, participants must be at Off Piste Level 3 or above, and declare their ability level upon booking.
- For the Private Tour, participants must be at Off Piste Level 1 or above, and declare their ability level upon booking.
- Participants must be 10 years or older. Participants aged 16 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- It is strongly recommended that guests come to the tour prepared with powder skis or a powder snowboard that is suitable for the snow conditions.
Off Piste Level Ability Level Off Piste Experience 1 You can confidently make parallel turns on red runs and groomed black runs. You have never been off piste before, or if you have, you have tried a few tentative turns on the edge. 0 days experience off-piste deep powder and trees 2 Confident on black slopes and heading off-piste. In good snow you can link turns together. On steeper sections or in difficult snow, you make wider turns. Not familiar with riding in deep snow without a base. 1–10 days experience off-piste deep powder and trees 3 Confidently make several turns in good powder snow. In difficult conditions, such as heavy wet snow, poor visibility and ice, you have less confidence. 11–20 days experience off-piste deep powder andtrees 4 Strong off piste skier/rider and whilst you may find it challenging, you can cope in all snow types and conditions. You are starting to ski/ride faster and more confident in tighter situations such as the trees. 20+ days experience off-piste deep powder and trees 5 You are extremely capable in any type of snow conditions including crust and ice and equally as comfortable in low-zero visibility conditions. You ski/ride fast and confidently through the trees. You are unfazed by steep slopes. More than 1 full season experience off-piste deep powder and trees
- Book Now
Terms & Conditions
- This is an exclusive booking service to Ki Niseko accommodation guests.
- Bookings must be made at least 4 days in advance.
- Tours may be suspended if it is decided that the guests' safety cannot be ensured due to inclement weather and/or unfavourable snow conditions.
- If the tour is suspended before the first lift has been ridden, the tour will be rescheduled to the next available day.
- When suspension of a tour is made within the first half of the tour, 40% of the tour fee will be refunded.
- When suspension of a tour is made within the second half of the tour, the tour fee will not be refunded.
- Guests must call 0136-21-6688 by 15:00 the day before their tour to confirm the pick up time and any dietary requirements.
- Cancellations of reservations made 15 days or more prior to the commencement date will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations between 14 days and 48 hours prior to the commencement of a booking will incur a 20% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations within 48 hours prior to the commencement of a booking will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations within 48 hours prior to the commencement of a booking will only be refunded in the event of illness or injury whereby the guest can present a medical certificate from a local hospital or physiotherapist.
- Cancellation fees apply to amendments that reduce the overall value of the booking, and no shows.
- All bookings are covered by Hanazono Niseko's general terms and conditions which can be found here.